The mission of the East Hanover Soccer Club Travel Program is to provide a tryout and selection process that ensures that all players receive a fair opportunity to join a travel team of their peers possessing similar game skills.
Team Selection will be determined by the number of qualified participants to form the most competitive teams possible. Teams will be formed based on skill level and there is no guarantee that a second team will be selected for an age category.
If multiple teams are to be formed for an age category, the EHSC will determine the best team format, that is whether or not to build equal strength teams or graded teams.
The EHSC offers recreational soccer for those who would like to work on their skills and try out again the following year, or for those who cannot or do not wish to commit to the year-round demands of Travel soccer.
The Tryout Process
The tryout process is held once a year in the spring and consists of one or two individual tryout sessions. The results of these tryouts will determine the teams for the following fall and spring seasons. Participants are required to make at least one of the tryout sessions and are strongly encouraged to make both.
· Players will be run through a series of drills, game situations, and small sided team play.
· The evaluators consist of third party trainers, coaches, and club members.
· Players may try out for multiple teams for which they are age eligible. Age brackets are posted on the MCYSA league website http://www.mcysa.org
· For U11 and higher a player may accept offers to be on multiple teams. The player must choose a primary and secondary team. The multiple team option is not available to anyone playing U10 or lower.
Parents must fill out prior registration form and hand it in prior to the tryouts date. See website for
• Players must wear appropriate workout clothes including cleats and shin guards.
• Players should bring their own ball.
• There will be water breaks between drills. Players must bring their own water, etc.
What will the tryout evaluators be looking for?
1. Ball control and dribbling skills
3. What you are doing when you do not have the ball
5. Your overall impact on the game, no matter where you are playing on the field.
Use your time playing at the tryouts to show off any or all of these skills. If you are interested in playing as goalkeeper, let the evaluators know.
Player selection will be determined through a combination of tryout results, trainer and/or coach recommendation. Having previously played for a team does not guarantee a spot for the next season.
We encourage children who are not selected to a travel team to play in our Recreation program to continue building skills until such time as an opening occurs on a travel team.
· Two 10 week seasons - Fall (Sept.-Nov.) and Spring (April-June)
· No games Columbus Day Weekend, Memorial Day Weekend or Easter
· Games are on Sundays.
· U8, U9, and U10 teams play an 8 V 8 format on a smaller field
· U11 and older teams play an 11 V 11 format on a regulation-sized field